I lead the (very) informal Computational Psycholinguistics club, which brings together computationally oriented researchers from different
CLS research groups. Send me a message if you'd like to join our biweekly meetings!
(Last update: September 14, 2022)
Selected current projects
My current research interests include things like: language comprehension, computational
modelling in cognitive science, multilingualism, computational linguistics, philosophy of
mind, and any combination of these.
Selected past projects
- ⟡ Multimodal neural networks as cognitive models of language comprehension
(PhD research of Danny Merkx)
- ⟡ The mechanism of language chunking - experimental and modelling approaches
(PhD research of Jinbiao Yang)
- ⟡ Modelling bilingual sentence production and code-switching (PhD research of Chara Tsoukala)
- ⟡ Masculine generic pronouns: Investigating the processing of an unintended gender cue (PhD research of Theresa Redl)
- ⟡ The missing-VP effect in English and Dutch, and in first- and second-language reading
- ⟡ How does the amount of information conveyed by a word affect brain activity and reading time?
- ⟡ Syntactic and semantic systematicity in neural networks sentence processing
- ⟡ Models of knowledge-based inference and mental simulation during narrative comprehension